Become a Realtor®
“We’re REALTORS®…. Real Estate is Our Life™”
• The term “REALTOR®” identifies a member of the San Benito County Association of REALTORS®, the California Association of REALTORS® and the National Association of REALTORS®
• Only those real estate licensees who hold membership in these Associations and who subscribe to its strict Code of Ethics are permitted to use the register trade mark of REALTOR®
• REALTORS® undertake to perform agreed real estate services for clients and offer service to customers who have real estate needs and desires.
• REALTORS® are committed to ongoing professional education to increase competence and effectiveness in real estate.
• REALTORS® want to serve you and are concerned with serving you well.
• REALTORS® are obligated to provide competence and integrity.
Not every real estate licensee is a REALTOR®.
Working with a REALTOR® when you are buying or selling a home is one of the most important decisions you can make. A REALTOR® is a person who has taken the extra step to become a member of an association of real estate professionals and has pledged to adhere to the association’s strict Code of Ethics.
The term REALTOR® has become synonymous with competency, fairness and high integrity resulting from adherence to stringent moral and ethical conduct in business relations. By working with a REALTOR®, you are ensuring that your transaction will be handled professionally, and that your rights in real estate activities are protected by the REALTOR® Code of Ethics.
REALTORS® are committed to treat all parties to a transaction honestly and are expected to maintain a higher level of knowledge of the process of buying and selling real estate. An independent survey reports that 84% of home buyers would use the same REALTOR® again.
Real estate transactions involve one of the biggest financial investments most people experience in their lifetime. Transactions today usually exceed $100,000. If you had a $100,000 income tax problem, would you attempt to deal with it without the help of a CPA? If you had a $100,000 legal question, would you deal with it without the help of an attorney? Considering the small upside cost and the large downside risk, it would be foolish to consider a deal in real estate without the professional assistance of a REALTOR®!
If you see a home as one of your most important investments, the REALTOR® you work with could be one of your most valuable resources. Unlike many real estate agents who are simply licensed by their state to do business, REALTORS® have taken additional steps to become members of the local board of REALTORS® and have agreed to act under and adhere to a strict Code of Ethics.